Queensland SCUBA Diving Medical Requirements
In Queensland, there are strict regulations in place to protect the safety of everybody at the Reef. We find that some of these can come as a surprise to many people. Please check over the details below to ensure you are fit to scuba dive!
Introductory Diving / Discover SCUBA DIVING
If you are doing an introductory dive on our Liveaboard or one of our Day trip boats, you will be asked to fill out and sign the following Medical form:
Introductory Diver Form (Download)
Please review this form and if you answer "YES" to any questions on the Medical form, you will be required to obtain a Queensland recreational dive medical clearance. This must be arranged prior to day of departure.
If you have a medical question and if you are taking any Prescription Medication (not oral contraception), we require you to email Cairns Dive Centre with your name, date of birth, details of the medication, dosage and the reason you are taking it. Once received we will let you know prior to booking if you can or can not dive, with evidence from a dive doctor.
PADI Open Water Students (learn to dive)
If you are enrolling in an entry-level recreational diving certificate you must, prior to commencing the training, complete and submit a self assessed medical declaration form:
Medical statement for Entry-Level Student Divers (Download)
If you answer "YES" to any question on the Medical Statement you are required to obtain a Queensland recreational dive medical clearance
All persons undertaking training for an entry level recreational diving certificate must be at least a minimum of 12 years of age. If the diver is under the age of 18 years, parental or guardian consent should be obtained for the diver to undertake training for an entry-level recreational diving certificate.
Continuing SCUBA Education (PADI Advanced, Rescue etc)
You will be asked to fill out the continuing education admin form. If you answer "YES" to any medical question you are required to obtain a Queensland recreational dive medical clearance.
PADI Continuing Education Admin Form (Download)
Need help in finding a Queensland Diving Doctor ?
- 24 Hour Medical Center, Corner of Florence & Grafton Streets - Phone 07 4052 1119
- Dr Graham Simpson, Flecker House, 5 Upward Street, Cairns - Phone 07 4031 4095
- McLeod Street Medical, 67 McLeod Street, Cairns - Phone 07 4052 1583
- Dr Greg Crafter, Flecker House, 5 Upward Street, Cairns - Phone 07 4041 2066
- Cairns Central Medical Centre, McLeod Street, Cairns - Phone 07 4031 3717
- Barrier Reef Medical Centre, 377 Sheridan Street, Cairns - Phone 07 4051 6299
- Cairns Sports Medicine, 126 Mulgrave Rd, Cairns - Phone 07 4051 3944
- Cairns Tourist & Local Medical Services, 15 Lake Street, Cairns - Phone 07 4041 1699
- Toogood Rd Medical Centre, 28 Toogood Road, Woree - Phone 07 4054 3336
- Edge Hill Medical Practice, 1A/132 Collins Avenue, Edge Hill - Phone 07 4053 7677
- Smithfield Medical Centre, Cnr Cook Hwy & McGregor Rd, Smithfield - Phone 07 4057 7300
- Trinity Beach Medical Centre, 1 Rabaul Street, Trinity Beach - Phone 07 4055 6281